Read Cassilda's Song: Tales Inspired by Robert W. Chambers King in Yellow Mythos by Joseph S. Pulver Sr. Free Online
Book Title: Cassilda's Song: Tales Inspired by Robert W. Chambers King in Yellow Mythos|
The author of the book: Joseph S. Pulver Sr.
Edition: Chaosium Inc.
Date of issue: December 3rd 2015
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
City - Country: No data
Loaded: 1568 times
Reader ratings: 4.4
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 828 KB
Read full description of the books:
Cassilda’s Song is a collection of weird fiction and horror stories based on the King in Yellow Mythos created by Robert W. Chambers—entirely authored by women. There are no pretenders here. The Daughters of the Yellow Sign, each a titan of unmasked fire in their own right, have parted the curtains. From Hali’s deeps and Carcosa’s gloomy balconies and Styx-black towers, come their lamentations and rage and the consequences of intrigues and follies born in Oblivion. Run into their embrace. Their carriages wait to take you from shadowed rooms and cobble¬stones to The Place Where the Black Stars Hang.
The 1895 release of Chambers’ best-remembered work of weird fiction was salted with nihilism and ennui, and ripe with derangement, haunting beauty, and eerie torments. Poe’s influence was present in the core tales and one could easily argue Chambers may have been influenced by the French Decadents and the disquieting transfigura¬tions of the Symbolists. All this and more can be said of the works collected in this anthology. Carcosa, accursed and ancient, and cloud-misted Lake of Hali are here. The Hyades sing and the cloud waves break in these tales. The authority of Bierce’s cosmic horror is here. The talismantic Yellow Sign, and the titular ‘hidden’ King, and The Imperial Dynasty of America, will influence and alter you, as they have the accounts by these writers. Cassilda and other unreliable narrators, government-sponsored Lethal Chambers, and the many mysteries of the mythical Play, are boldly represented in these tributes to Chambers.
Have you seen the Yellow Sign?
The contents of this anthology include:
• Black Stars on Canvas, a Reproduction in Acrylic by Damien Angelica Walters
• She Will Be Raised a Queen by E. Catherine Tobler
• Yella by Nicole Cushing
• Yellow Bird by Lynda E. Rucker
• Exposure by Helen Marshall
• Just Beyond Her Dreaming by Mercedes M. Yardley
• In the Quad of Project 327 by Chesya Burke
• Stones, Maybe by Ursula Pflug
• Les Fleurs Du Mal by Allyson Bird
• While The Black Stars Burn by Lucy A. Snyder
• Old Tsah-Hov by Anya Martin
• The Neurastheniac by Selena Chambers
• Dancing The Mask by Ann K. Schwader
• Family by Maura McHugh
• Pro Patria! by Nadia Bulkin
• Her Beginning is Her End is Her Beginning by E. Catherine Tobler & Damien Angelica Walters
• Grave-Worms by Molly Tanzer
• Strange is the Night by S.P. Miskowski
Download Cassilda's Song: Tales Inspired by Robert W. Chambers King in Yellow Mythos ERUB
Download Cassilda's Song: Tales Inspired by Robert W. Chambers King in Yellow Mythos DOC
Download Cassilda's Song: Tales Inspired by Robert W. Chambers King in Yellow Mythos TXT